Fat soluble vitamins are stored in parts of our body where fat is found. They cannot bet dissolver in body fluids thus they are not excreted with urine. It is advised that you do not exceed the Recommended Dietary Allowance for these vitamins.
Who is in greater risk for vitamin A deficiency?
• Newborns and toddlers
• People with poor nutrition
• Individuals with fat malabsorption
The role of vitamin A:
• Vision protection
• Normal growth and development
• Skin health
• Proper immune function
Vitamin A deficiency may result in:
• Growth impairment in children
• Impaired night vision, xerophtalmia
• Vulnerable immune system
• Dry skin and brittle nails