Antioxidant pasta salad for the office
Salad is a perfect light option for the office, and if made with the right ingredients it can be a complete meal that will provide you with the necessary energy to continue your day.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, in halves
- ½ cup pomegranate or 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 cup of cooked pasta, preferably wholegrain
- Juice of half an orange
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 150 0 C, place the tomatoes on a baking shit and cook for about 10- 15 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl or a tapper ware that you can take to work.
- Prefer not to add the vinaigrette until the very last minute. For your convenience transport the dressing into an empty jar.
- This salad recipe is a meal containing carbohydrates for energy (pasta), proteins for building blocks (feta cheese, nuts) and vegetables for fiber and vitamins (spinach). The balance of the dish will keep you full, will provide you with energy and will enhance your ability to concentrate for the rest of the day.
- Pomegranate is rich in ellagic acid, a powerful antioxidant for your heart health.
- Spinach is particularly crispy in texture, while at the same time is a good source of vitamins A, K. It also contains manganese, potassium, iron, and folic acid.